This form is now closed. If you are still interested in volunteering on a working group to assist with the development and review of the Next Generation of CMMI, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your preferred group and role, and someone will reply to let you know if you can join.
The Architecture Working Group will focus on:
- Providing flexibility/tailorability of CMMI to ease adoption
- Providing a platform that will integrate the work of each of the working groups as appropriate
The Current Needs Working Group will focus on adding additional CMMI content / training / references to meet current market needs (Security, Organizational Innovation, People Management, Change Management, Agile, Lean etc.).
The Implementation Working Group will focus on:
- Providing guidance for adopting/maintaining CMMI in various situations (start-ups, reorg, merger, acquisition)
- Assisting current CMMI users with the adoption of CMMI Next Generation
The Performance Working Group will focus on:
- Building performance measurement into model
- Building performance measurement into appraisal method
- Promoting, retaining and enhancing the value of CMMI use for benchmarking (reduce false positives)
- Providing a benchmark database
- Providing market level results proving the value of CMMI for an organization
The Plain Language Working Group will focus on writing the model in plain language with a business orientation (including benefits statements)
Simplify Model and Appraisal Method
Simplify Model and Appraisal Method. The Simplify Model and Appraisal Method Working Group will focus on:
- Streamlining the model and method by remove redundancy, and non-value practices
- Modernize-rephrase goals statements
The Systems (Infrastructure) Working Group will focus on:
- Providing a benchmark database and on providing automated infrastructure support for custom models, profiles, appraisals, guidance, wiki
- Evolving the existing CMMI Institute systems with the changes from each working group
The Training (Infrastructure) Working Group will focus on:
- Evolving existing training and certification deliverables
- Creating new deliverables based on the work of the other working groups
Working Group Roles
A member of the working group team that will assist in designing, writing, or building key deliverables.
A member of the working group team that will assist in the review of key deliverables.
Working Group Meetings
The working groups will generally meet on a bi-weekly basis. The working group team leads will schedule and run the meetings and can help to address any questions about time and effort and commitments.